Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Bekah Surgery and Testimony

So for those of you who may not have heard, Bekah had back surgery today to install some hardware in an attempt to fix some problems she has had for awhile. The surgery went well and the surgeon said everything went as planned with no issues. She took a little bit longer than expected to come out of the anesthesia and had quite a bit of pain but she's doing good now and sleeping pretty well. Now we just have to work on the recovery and rehab phase.

I also wanted to share a really cool, quick testimony from this. So I had wanted to pray over Bekah, the surgeon, anesthesiologist, and the rest of the team in pre-op before the surgery. Turns out at the hospital I can't go back with pre-op so I couldn't go and pray for them. I was a little bummed but thankfully prayer works from anywhere so I prayed by myself in the waiting room. Turns out the anesthesiologist is a Christian and asked Bekah if he could  pray for her and the surgical team before they went into surgery. Talk about Psalm 37:4 coming to life. I had wanted Bekah and the team to be prayed over before the surgery and God gave me just that, just in a different way than I envisioned. How cool is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment